When Should I Visit an Alteration Shop to Alter My Prom Dress in the UAE?
If you need to alter your prom dress, the timing of visiting an alteration shop and asking for alteration matters a lot. Making adjustments in the prom dress too late means the professional won’t have much time to complete the alteration work with proper finishing and planning. On the other hand, altering your prom dress too early may not fit you perfectly at the time of prom if you happen to lose or gain weight in the meantime.
Here, you will learn when it’s the best time to alter your prom dress to ensure that it fits you perfectly and has the same finishing touch as it had at the time of purchase.
When to Get Your Prom Dress Altered
The best time to give your prom dress for alteration is two months before your prom. If you haven’t found your prom dress yet, then go for it as soon as possible because it is recommended to visit an alteration shop not less than one month before to get your prom dress altered. And when it comes to trying your altered prom dress, make sure to check the fitting at least two weeks before the prom. It will give you some time to make changes if your prom dress still needs adjustments to have the perfect fit for you.
The time duration may seem longer but it is not as most schools have prom parties almost within the same month or the timing for these parties is too close. So, you will find alteration shops in Dubai packed with customers at such times.
What to Know Before Giving Your Prom Dress for Alteration
- Visit an alteration shop that has a team of seamstresses or semester for alteration work and that has experience in altering prom dresses.
- When visiting the shop, notice how much attention the professional is paying to you to understand your concerns, your doubts, and what changes you want to make in your prom dress.
- See if you are feeling comfortable with the tailor who is talking to you about the alteration.
- It’s your prom dress and you don’t want to take any chances. So, work with a competent professional tailor who takes time with you and ensures that the changes are well-understood by both parties.
- Before visiting the alteration shop, make sure to bring your prom dress and your footwear that you want to wear with you so that the fitting and other alterations can be done accordingly. However, you don’t have to bring other accessories unless you want to see how it all will work and look together. It’s critical to make sure that, after alteration, you have the prom attire exactly the way you want.
- Always wear the dress to see if the alteration is done perfectly and if you still need some changes in your prom dress before taking it to your home. In case there’s no trial room to try the prom dress, make sure to check that all the changes discussed for your prom dress are done correctly by trying your prom dress at home as soon as possible. If you don’t feel satisfied, contact the tailor again to talk about what needs to be done.
By now, you know every precaution to take before you visit an alteration shop to alter your prom dress. So, what are you waiting for? Find out the “best alteration shop near me” by searching online.